Sunday, January 30, 2011

Inception: A Dream Within A Dream

            
             I just bought this movie on blue-ray format a few days ago, however I have seen it about 3 or 4 times before my purchase of it, both in the theaters and streaming video online. This film is most definitely one of my favorite movies of all time, the music, the story, and the characters are rich with life and deep in detail. This is the kind of film that makes you want to take a second watch to truly understand all it's concepts and many entangled plot points, but It's all explained and presented in a way where it isn't all too hard to not understand, you just have to pay attention and take each scene into importance for later reference.

             The movie centers around dreams and how the subconscious mind can be tricked or manipulated by thieves known as Extractors, making a living stealing the deepest most secrets from people's minds who have a far way down to fall, such as powerful business men. This movie really feels like a video game made real with flesh and blood actors as there are many shared elements such as levels and each member of the team has a sort of job class with unique abilities as well as rules of whatever particular mission is presented to them.

             Inception is really difficult to put into words, as it's so visually stunning and i recommend anyone to experience it as it will have you question many things and can strike up some nice theories and debate. Chris Nolan (director of The Dark Knight) crafted this epic and it carries many of his signature motifs and directing style that he has come up with throughout his career. The cast also works well together and they bring there own emotional layers to Inception.

             I could go on and on talking about this film and it's one of those movies I can watch over and over again and never tire if it, it's great fun from beginning to end and it's blend of sci-fi,action thriller,drama and psychological expression are right up my alley. I really hope more stories like this  that are inspired by real life issues and human behaviour but are shown in a very fantastical vision come around more often in the near future.

             Please comment and thanks for the visit, hopefully whoever reads this had at least some enjoyment of Inception but if not I would like to hear what you didn't like or whatever general thoughts you have on the subject of dreams, films or anything you feel that relates or can expand this blog.

3 comments:

  1. I really need to see this movie again. I have it on my PS3 so maybe I'll get to it sooner than later. Really enjoyed it, though it was nothing like I was expecting, which was great. Great post Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Rob. Yeah i knew very little about the film before i saw it for the first time, so i didn't know what to expect, only that it was to be directed by Chris Nolan, which ment it would be awesome. I'm really glad the previews didn't spoil me like most do though. I'm curious to know what you expected Inception to be like before you watched it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only told that it had some similar themes to Lost, so I assumed the movie might of had something to do with life and death, or even an afterlife. I had no clue the movie took place inside dreams, and the subconscious. Felt very Matrix-like, but had some unique twists that separate it.

    ReplyDelete